3 Best Free photo watermark software 2019 for Windows 7/8/10 & Mac
Digital Watermarking is a technique of marking or embedding a logo, text or audio in order to identify the ownership of the digital assets like photos, videos & audio. Digital watermarking prevents the misuse of the original content from illegal sharing or/and modifying the content. Thus it keeps the original creator of the content safe from these attacks.
In this post, various software of watermarking digital photos in various formats like jpeg, png, gif, bmp, psd, etc are shown.
How to watermark photos on a Windows 10 for free?
To place the watermark on photos on Windows operating system, there are several methods. Some methods are pretty straightforward while some are little time-consuming. Let’s discuss these methods in detail:
Method 1-: Using Paint
- Open the picture which you want to watermark in Paint app.
- Click on text-box icon(“A”).
- Insert text-box where you wanna add watermark.
- Adjust its height, width, and orientation.
- Save the file.
- Completely Free of cost method.
- Time-consuming method.
- This method is not suitable if there are a large number of photos to add watermark.
- Not a professional way of adding watermark.
Method 2-: Using Visual Watermark software
Instead of doing all the work of adding watermark manually, you can simply use a software named Visual Watermark. It will do all the fatigue work for you in a quick time. You can place the watermark on many photos in simple steps as it supports Batch processing. Below are the instructions-:
- Download Visual Watermark software.
- Open the setup & install it.
- Open the Visual watermark app.
- Click on “Select Images” & select all the images which you want to protect(it also supports batch processing!).
- Choose among “Add text”, “Add Icon” or “Add Group” if you want to add watermark like text, logo or combination of both respectively.
- If you choose “Add Text” then text properties dialog will appear on the screen. Change the settings as per your requirements.
- If you choose “Add Logo” then the program will simply add your logo to the photo at your preferred location & transparency.
- If you want to add both text & logo then you must choose “Add Group”. For ease, many templates are already provided in the software. Choose as per your requirement.
- Now just choose where you want to get output & some other settings. All done!
- Free software.
- Very time effective software.
- Supports batch photo watermarking.
- Visual Watermark supports JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF and BMP image formats.
- Visual Watermark supports Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & Mac OS.
- It has built-in many templates to save time.
- Protects your pictures from automated watermark removal techniques.
- In the free version, a small watermark is placed at the bottom of the photograph.
Method 3-: Using Bulk Photo Editor software
For adding watermark for free, you use can a free software Bulk Photo Editor. In this software, you can add text watermark & logo watermark on your photos. You can download Bulk Photo Editor from Windows Store by clicking here.
Note-: You need to have installed Windows Store in order to install it.
- Completely Free of cost software.
- In the free version, there is an ad which in order to remove it, you will have to pay.
- Lacks many features which are present in Visual Watermark.
- Does not supports Mac OS.
- Not as versatile as Visual Watermark.
How to watermark photos on a Mac for free?
To protect your photos from copying on Mac OS you can use the same software which you can use on Windows i.e Visual Watermark software as it is a very effective tool to add watermarks & logos & supports batch processing of images. For Mac, it supports Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave. Steps to use Visual Watermark are shown here.
Various free software for adding watermark to photos have been shown in this post. So, what’s your favorite free watermark software? Share your valuable views in comments.
Have a beautiful day!