Download Cain and Abel Software for Windows 7,8 & 10 | How to use Cain & Abel?
Download Cain and Abel Software v4.9.56, one of the versatile & free password recovery tool for Windows. In this post, you will learn how to use Cain & Abel & some alternatives to it. This post also covers fix some common errors while installing like “Couldn’t start Abel service”. Without any further delay, let’s get started.
It is a password recovery tool which can be used by penetration testers, network administrators, teachers & students who want to use this in an ethical way. It is specially designed for Windows OS i.e it will not work for Linux & Mac OS. It is not just a regular password recovery software additionally, it has the following features:
- Base 64 decoder
- Access Password decoder
- Cisco Password decoder
- Hex Calculator
- Syskey decoder
- WPA PSK Calculator
Is it really safe?
Cain & Abel Password recovery software was developed by Massimiliano Montoro. Last stable version was released in 2014, since then it has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of time and it is also very famous among penetration testers. In short, Yes it is Safe if you download it from known sources. But if you download the software from unknown & untrusted source then there is no guarantee: “You are at your own risk”.
Download Cain and Abel
You can download Setup of Cain & Abel v4.9.56 from any of the links given below.
Official Link: http://www.oxid.it/downloads/ca_setup.exe
How to use Cain and Abel software?
- First of all, you need to download the setup(You can use the links provided above).
- After installing the main software, you need to install WinPcap.
- For people having a version of Windows<10, there is no problem, WinPcap installer is integrated with the main setup.
- Those who have Windows 10 will face a problem because WinPcap does not support Windows 10. Its fix can be found below. If you didn’t fix it you will the following error while running:
- After doing the full installation, now you are ready to use the software. Watch the video below to get started.
- For using & importing hashes, you can read more at: http://www.oxid.it/ca_um/topics/nt_hashes_dumper.htm
Solutions to some common errors while installing Cain & Abel
- This version of Windows is not supported by WinPcap
- This error occurs generally if you are using Windows 10 Operating System & is given by WinPcap because it does not support Windows 10. To resolve it you need to install either Npcap or WinPcap for Windows 10. While installing Npcap you need to use the configuration provided below.
- WinPcap for Windows 10: http://www.win10pcap.org/download/
- Windows firewall is enabled. Some Cain’s features will not work correctly.
- You can ignore it or can disable your firewall. Either way is correct for a normal user.
Alternatives to Cain and Abel
The last stable of it was released in 2014, hence it not being actively developed by the developer. Good news is that there are many new alternatives to Cain & Abel in the market which are being actively developed by the community. Some of which are:
- John The Ripper
Cain and Abel is an excellent password recovery tool with lot more features which is absolutely free of cost. Hope in this post would have learned something new. Want to share your experience or ask a question? Leave a comment below.
Have a wonderful day!